Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tis the season....

for HOLIDAY BAGGAGE!

No no....not that kind of baggage even though we all have some!

Holiday Baggage the movie!

My good friend and Chicago suburb local Cathy Rubey has written and produced her first movie. It was shot all over Chicago and the suburbs in 2008. The movie is about "...a marriage and family who rediscovers the meaning of Christmas when pediatrician by day, single mom by night, Sarah invites her estranged pilot husband, Pete, back to their suburban home for the holidays on one condition--he must reconcile with their daughters before she agrees to finalize their trial separation with divorce."

Holiday Baggage has been picked up by Lifetime to air during this holiday season! It is a must see for the holidays. I may be a bit biased, since I initially was involved as a prouder - but I had to bow out of production because as we were scouting a location for the movie I got the phone call that changed my life - we were chosen to be Jack's parents. When we returned home to Chicago a few weeks later - shooting was in full swing and they still had yet to cast the baby in the movie...so...you see where this is going....My SON is the star!

Ok...actually Barry Bostwick and Cheryl Ladd are the stars but don't tell Jack (or the Grandma's). Imagine having a dream to write a movie, and while raising twin girls you write, re-write, and re-write, raise money, get connected in Hollywood, land two celebs, book a crew, scout locations, shoot, edit and publicize your film - and two years later it lands on TV! We all have those "I really want to....." and then have million excuses why we don't do it. Cathy actually did it!

So tune in and check your local listings but according to the Lifetime website, Holiday Baggage will be broadcast on December 12th at 3pm (Eastern); December 20th at 8pm (Eastern); and December 21st at 12am (Eastern).

After you watch, please visit My Lifetime, register (it's super-easy) and leave a comment. The more positive the responses they receive, the more likely they will replay the movie!!

Let's start a new holiday movie tradition watching my baby boy Jack - I mean...Barry and Cheryl and the whole Holiday Baggage crew! Don't forget to leave a comment!






2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember when Jack filmed this! I set my dvr - I can't wait to watch it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see Jack's film debut! I got chills remembering when you got the call to be Jack's parents :) Were our kids really that tiny once?

    ReplyDelete