Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why the name...

Certainly I could find something a bit more flattering to call myself, but the absolute love of my life calls me Big Mama - no not my husband - him I would clobber. My almost three year old son. J has had some difficulty with speech and has been delayed in speaking. As he reached some new milestones this summer one was describing things with the word BIG. As in biiiiig bubbles, biiiiig train, biiiig plane, all things he absolutely loves. So I'd like to think it was a natural transition, all the things he loves he describes as "big" - so of course I'd be "Big Mama". Sadly, it didn't happen that way. My dear niece and wonderful husband thought it would be so funny to have J say Biiiiig Mama and after the reaction he received, rolling on the floor laughter by said husband and niece....it stuck. I will say though my beautiful son could call me anything when he has his sticky hands around my neck and his head buried on my shoulder.

I do wish however that when I drop him off at pre-school he could pick something else to yell, the other parents are giving me looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment